Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Names for the Twins

I think we finally have names for the twins. These are of course subject to change.

We have finally convinced Carol Lin that we are not naming our son Hank. It seems to me that before Emma was born Carol Lin was dead set on Kermit the Frog. When she grows up I can't wait to find out what my grand-kids are going to be named!

Anyway back to the task at hand. Our boy will probably be born first. The name we are most settled on at the moment is Matthew Vaughn Armstrong. Matthew is the name of two of my best friends from when I was growing up (sorry Daylyn I couldn't convince Jill to use your name). Unfortunately I have lost touch with both of them. Mathew is also my still-born little brother's name. Vaughn is of course my brother's, dad's, and grandpa's name. Perhaps one day my brother will name his first son Vaughn IV, but for now a middle name will have to do.

It has taken us a long time to come up with the name Mathew Vaughn. It was the exact opposite for our new daughter. We came up with her name pretty quick. We are pretty much decided on Amanda Rae Armstrong. Carol Lin was the first one to suggest the name Amanda. She has a friend, Bryson, down the street who's mom is named Amanda. Amanda tells us that when Carol Lin first told her this she expressed how honored she felt that Carol Lin would want to name her baby sister after her. To which Carol Lin replied, "I just like the name." Jill also has an ancestor by the name of Ruth Amanda Chiles that she has done some of the temple work for. Rae is both my mom's and my sister's middle name.

By the way we are still waiting it out. According to the doctor it would be really bad if they were born any time before April 10. Ideally we could make it to 37 weeks at least which is May 1.

So there you have it Mathew Vaughn and Amanda Rae. (Hopefully next week I won't be posting corrections.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good names!

Great photos Jill. Wow!

-Vaughn